This department manages and controls all financial functions of all county departments and the Clerk Courts in accordance with generally accepted principles of government accounting and various Mississippi statutes and Administrative Codes.
The Finance Department is comprised of three main areas:
- General Accounting
- Accounts Payable
Duties of the Finance Department include:
- controlling expenditures and obligations (including operating expenses, debt, payroll)
- receipting and depositing all revenues
- managing the investment of all monies
- accounting for all assets and capital project expenditures
- internal and external reporting
The financial activity of all county departments is supervised by the Finance Officer to ascertain solid internal controls are in place.
614 Summit Street
PO Box 71
Winona, MS 38967